Happy New Year! We are already into the second week of the New Year, so I am late with my greetings. I have been easing into the New Year, enjoying the quiet that descends after the busyness of the last few months of the year.
After last month’s culinary binging it is good to have something simple and delicious to eat. Bean dip seems like a sensible way to start the New Year! I actually made this recipe last month for a holiday get together and loved it. The beans are combined with feta and yogurt to create a creamy goodness. It is winter white in color, punctuated with the dill.
You can enjoy this with crackers but I especially like to spread it onto slices of bread for a great sandwich.
I posted this bean dip last year. January must be the time of year for bean dip! I love last years recipe as well and you can enjoy that one if you are looking for something a little spicier.
- 15 ounce can of white beans . (Great Northern Beans work well)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 5.3 ounce container of whole milk greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Rinse the beans and add them to a bowl along with the feta cheese and yogurt. Using a potato masher, blend them into a smooth mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, along with the lemon juice and dill.
- Serve with crackers or as a sandwich filling.